It seems like every time you turn around you read about something causing cancer. It can be hard to keep track of what you should avoid, or keep to a minimum. Let’s take a look at some common things that can cause cancer. The International Agency for Research on Cancer has a list of the 116 substances that are now considered to cause cancer. We won’t take a look at all of them in this article, but we will examine some of the more common ones.
1) Tobacco smoke -Probably the first thing that comes to mind when discussing cancer-causing agents is cigarette smoke. At this point, the research is abundantly clear that tobacco smoke, be it first, second, or even “third hand,” can lead to cancer. Most commonly of the lungs, but it can lead to any number of cancers. It can also cause heart disease, strokes, and other non-cancer lung conditions. Tobacco should be avoided at all costs, for the sake of your health.
2)UV light (sun or tanning bed) -Another common cause of cancer is overexposure to ultraviolet light. It doesn’t matter if its natural, via sunlight, or unnatural in the form of tanning beds. UV light can lead to skin cancer, premature skin aging, and eye trouble. It’s best to avoid tanning beds, and when you’re going to be in the sun use sunscreen to protect your skin.
3) Alcoholic beverages -This one may be less obvious because alcoholic drinks do have some benefits. The problem arises when you consume too much of it. And the types of cancer it has been linked as a cause of breast, colorectal, larynx, liver, esophagus, and pharynx cancers. So it’s recommended to drink only in moderation.
4) Diesel exhaust: Though most cars don’t run on diesel anymore, it is still something that should be considered. Inhaling exhaust fumes from diesel engines can cause cancer.
5) Soots: If you live in a house that has a fireplace this could apply to you. Coal dust, mainly from the burning of coal, was a significant contributor to a specific chimney sweep cancer that was common in the 19th century. While it is markedly less common these days, you should still be mindful if you have a chimney.
6) Smokeless tobacco products: As we just read, tobacco is a significant cancer causer. Not just smoking it, but chewing it as well. Tobacco is sometimes chewed as a stimulant, specifically linked to cancers of the larynx and the mouth.
7) Processed meat: This is a newer addition to the list, and something many might not even consider. But meat that is cured or treated in some way has been listed as “just as dangerous as tobacco.” Examples include ham, bacon, and sausages. Specifically, it’s relation to bowel cancer.
8) Outdoor air pollution –This one is more obvious, but air quality plays a big impact on your health. If you live in an area with excessive air pollution, you are at higher risk of cancer like lung cancer. It’s best to minimize exposure and use a high-quality air filter indoors.
9) Areca nut: The Areca nut is a mild stimulant, it is sometimes chewed with betel leaf. It is known to cause an increased risk of mouth and oesophageal cancer.
10) Wood dust: Be mindful if you enjoy woodworking, or have a job that requires you to be around wood dust. Wood dust has been proven as a carcinogen and cause of nasal cancer. With more and more cases being reported every year.
As you can see, there are many carcinogens, and this is just a small sampling of identified agents. You can’t avoid all of them all the time, but doing your part to minimize exposure will go along way toward keeping you in good health!
Your immune system needs to be in good shape to be able to fight off cancer causing attacks. Metabolic Immune makes sure that it can do just that! Metabolic Immune is a delicious drink, mixed with supplements with ORCA berries to support immune health. Each serving is designed to contain at least 3000 ORAC units and contains minimum of 2 grams of fiber for digestive tract support.*For best results mix 1 to 2 scoops once a day in a glass of water.
Toxins and oxidants build you in your body over time. You need anti-oxidants and CoQ 10 to keep your blood “clean”. You can get your body the COQ10 it needs easier than ever now! CoQ10-PLUS 300/300™ combines 300 mg of Coenzyme Q10 with 300 mg Dimethylglycine (DMG) in a great tasting orange flavored chewable tablet for convenient consumption. Getting the CoQ10 your body needs has never been easier!
Without a healthy heart, your body isn’t going to function properly. Which will leave you vulnerable to all kinds of illness and cancers. Cardio Fit makes sure that your heart is working just fine. Cardio Fit™ is a dietary supplement that supports: Bone structure, density and integrity,proper bone remodeling, calcium utilization, and cardiovascular function. Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin with multiple functions in the body. It is required for normal development, growth and maintenance of the skeleton throughout life. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is a fat-soluble vitamin that is essential for maintaining normal calcium metabolism
About Dr. Jenny: Dr. Jenny is a Naturopathic Doctor and clinical research associate. She is a successful entrepreneur as the CEO/Proprietor of AgeVital Pharmacies in Sarasota, Florida. She is a charismatic media personality and television producer with regular appearances on ABC, NBC, TBN, CBS, the CW and up coming show on Lifetime. As a health and wellness expert and educator, Dr. Jenny lectures all around the world at various conferences about the endocannabinoid system and functional integrative healthcare and how natural solutions work to treat a multitude of disease and illness. She is currently authoring books about the endocannabinoid system for healthcare practitioners and consumers. She is the President and Chairman of The American Academy of the Endocannabinoid System (AAECS) and sits on the Executive Board of Directors for the American Board of Medical Marijuana Physicians (ABMMP). Her expansive credentials include a Board Certification at The American Board of Anti-Aging Health Practitioners – (ABAAHP), a Diplomate of the AAIM College of Nutrition and a Board Certification with the (AAIM) Board of Integrative Medicine. Dr. Jenny is also a member of the American Academy Of Anti-Aging Medicine, serves as a senior business and financial advisor for Nuvusio and the medical director for Biom-Pharmaceuticals and Chief Scientific Officer And Medical Director for M3.
*Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. The views and nutritional advice expressed by AgeVital Pharmacy are not intended to substitute for medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician or give us a call and schedule a consultation with one of our providers. ©AgeVital Pharmacy